Monday, August 11, 2008

Finally - I made it to Australia!!!!

After endless visa delays, being homeless in Dallas for several weeks, and 24 hours of traveling, I finally made it to Melbourne, Australia!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that I live here now - it completely blows my mind. I have officially been here for 2 1/2 weeks, and so far.........I LOVE IT!!!! The people from the office here are great, the food is great, there is so much to do in the city, and I'm really excited to think about all the possibilities that are in store for me here. I still don't have a place to live, which has been kinda stressful, but I know that it will all work itself out. I have finally gotten into the day to day routine of work and clients, so I feel like I'm finally settling in. It's cold here - about 50F as a high (sorry to all you in Texas), but spring is just around the corner. Now that I have this blog, I'll be able to keep everyone updated on all the adventures I plan on having (and some that I'm sure I'm not planning on). I'll add pictures to the next entry to show everyone my first views of Australia and what I've done so far. Keep reading - I'm sure this will be an amazing ride!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can keep an eye on you now! I love the pics! I'm very happy for you and have my fingers crossed I'll get to visit. Love ya!

Karl, Andrea, Kaden and Leland said...

We are so excited that we can keep up with you now! Looking forward to the view of the down under!

The Stringers said...

Yea! Glad to have a way to keep in touch! sounds like you're having a great time. Your apartment looks awesome!

The Oliverios said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love you and miss you!! Jennifer